Recipe by Donna Hay
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300g fresh or frozen blueberries
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Place the oil, egg, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the blueberries and mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a 12-hole ½-cup capacity (125ml) muffin tin lined with paper patty cases. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.